Is brought to you by
Circus Skills workshops can be an excellent springboard for
other curriculum subjects at all key stages.
English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, Art, Music, Drama and PE.
Peter Optical has been taking his style of Circus Skills
Workshops into schools for over 30 years.
All Circus Workshops can be tailored in length to comply with a schools timetable.
Circus Skills Workshops
No gimmicks. No merchandise.
A wonderful means for individual and group development
Although Peter Optical’s Circus Skills Workshops are designed very much with schools in mind they are also fully adaptable for all ages and occasions where there is a safe and reasonably sized working space. After School Clubs, Youth Clubs, Play Schemes, Scouts, Cubs, Guides, Brownies, Adult Education, Corporate and Special Events can all benefit from a Circus Skills Workshop.
Lastly, circus and its associated skills have appeared in many different cultures throughout history.
It has a universal appeal and thus can be incorporated into an equal opportunities curriculum.
All circus skills workshops are adapted in length to the needs of the school and its timetable. A circus skills workshop starts with a friendly introduction and chat about safety followed by some simple warm up exercises/co-ordination games. The basics of juggling, its rhythms and patterns are then taught firstly using scarves, progressing, where appropriate, to one, two and three balls.
All circus workshop equipment: ~ Scarves, balls, clubs, rings, spinning plates, Diablo, devil sticks, cigar boxes, rola-bolas, balance wheels, Balance sticks and stilts (unicycles and poi depending on age and space) are fully discussed and demonstrated prior to the pupils use.
Peter Optical can confidently run a circus skills workshop with groups of 30-35 pupils which are a recognised safe number for such an activity.
Also small groups allow for individual teaching and guidance.
"Thank you so much for such a fantastic day! The children learned so much and it has really made a big impact on the beginnings of our topic. I hope we will see you again"
Catton School, Norwich, Norfolk.
As well as working with young people of all ages and abilities from infants to A' level and diploma drama students,
Peter Optical has had many years experience working with children and adults who have special needs.
In addition to being a Circus Skills Instructor Peter is a professional
interactive Storyteller and as
a head teacher remarked ‘an energised breath of fresh air in the art of traditional storytelling’
"Your stories were brought to life by your wonderful performances.
The combination of music, acting and use of props resulted in an unforgettable experience for the children. It was an excellent way to begin our book week"
Leigh North Street Junior School.
"He was a source of tremendous stimulation with regard to language development
and topic work. In all, a polished professional performer, whom I would highly
Grove County Infants School
Equity Member/Public Liability Insurance/Standard & Enhanced CRB disclosure Certificates.
Counties covered for circus skill workshops at school:
1. Bedfordshire (Bedford, Luton, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade,
2. Berkshire (Reading, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Newbury, Windsor, Wokingham)
3. Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Slough, Buckingham, High Wycombe)
4. Cambridgeshire (Cambridge, Wisbech, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Chatteris, Linton)
5. Essex (Chelmsford, Basildon, Romford, Southend, Colchester, Harlow, Brentwood, West Ham)
6. Greater London.
7. Hertfordshire (Hertford, Watford, St. Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Hatfield)
8. Kent (Maidstone, Canterbury, Bromley, Rochester, Margate, Folkestone, Dover, Greenwich)
9. Middlesex (City of London, Harrow, Enfield, Staines, Ealing, Potters Bar, Westminster).
10. Norfolk (Norwich, Great Yarmouth, King's Lynn, Dereham, Cromer, Hunstanton)
11. Suffolk (Ipswich, Bury St. Edmunds, Lowestoft, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Haverhill, Bungay)
12. Surrey (Guildford, Croydon, Woking, Sutton, Kingston-on-Thames, Wimbledon,)
13. Sussex (Chichester, Brighton, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis, Horsham)